Thursday, May 3, 2012

My Little Men


I haven't posted since December of 2010!!! I guess I've been busy living life, taking care of my little ones and starting my own practice. I received an email from a friend which led me to a blog called The MOB Society....for Mom's of boys, by Mom's of boys (http://www.themobsociety.com/) This blog is amazing and is doing a 21 days of prayer for sons. I am taking the challenge and posting my first blog in almost 18 months to brag about the 2 little men in my life.

Little Man #1 JAKE- my 4 year old, sensitive, playful, creative and loving little guy!!! His favorite place on earth is my parent's farm. He loves feeding the chickens, collecting chicken eggs, riding the mule, and digging in the dirt. Here he is feeding the longhorns. I sometimes find him just sitting and looking out at the beauty of the land. He has a true appreciation for God's creations, even at the ripe old age of 4. He teaches me to stop, enjoy, and be thankful! 
He adores his big sister and is always full of compliments...."Mary Grace, you look pretty today!" The way he looks up to her with pride in his heart is breathtaking. Jake allows MG to do what she does best...be in charge!!!!


Jake says his prayers each night and ends it with "God, we send You all of our prayers because you are GOOD, HOLY, STRONG and MIGHTY!!!!" (imagine God's compliments with increased volume as that is Jake's style!!!)



Little Man #2 Cal- my sweet baby...who isn't such a baby anymore! When your baby can say "I not a baby, I a BIG BOY!!!" I guess one has to give up the fight and let one's baby grow up!!! Cal turned 2 in late January but thinks he is 4 (just like his big brother!) He also thinks he can ride a bike, run fast, catch a baseball, hit a baseball, etc...."just like JAKE!!!" This little man is determined, strong, independent, SMART, funny and loving.



Cal's favorite place on earth is anywhere his big brother and sister are. He loves to wrestle with Jake, snuggle with MG, read stories with Daddy, play transformers and pretend he is a lion. Cal knows all the words to "Jesus Loves Me" and after we kiss good night that is the song he wants to sing.




My prayer for these little men is that they grow into (insert Jake's voice here!!!) "Good, Holy, Strong, and Mighty" men always looking to and trusting God. My cup runneth over for these boys!!!!

1 comment:

Bunny Denton said...

Awww! I saw a pic of Jake on face book and it made me sad I couldn't think of Cal's name! I loved reading about your sweet boys! I just started 30 days of prayer for your child! Didn't know there was a son one! I'll have to check it out!