Sunday, March 21, 2010

6 Weeks of "First Time" Experiences


The last 6 weeks have been a whirlwind for our family and a busy time for my 3rd born!

Cal joined our family on January 29th and that is when the fun began! Cal spent a total of 11 days in the hospital and another 7 days at home getting blood drawn, recieving phototherapy (on and off) and worrying his Mommy with his jaundice! All a distant memory now! Yay!

Cal went to his first funeral, his first birthday party (my Grandmother turned 94!) and his first trip to the farm. He welcomed 2 new friends (Livia and Rylan) and one sweet cousin (Crash) to the world. He had his first trip to the science museum, the butterfly garden and the Botanical Gardens in Fort Worth. He had his first picnic and first trip to McDonalds (I am ashamed to say he's been to McDonalds about 3-4 times since!)

Mimi and Cal!


Cal and Livia!


Crash and Cal!



My "Big Kids" have a few "1st" experiences. Jake got his first busted lip by running into a friends head and MG got her first (and I hope last) black eye by running into a pole!
Dallas had it's first (significant) snow in 20 years! 8 inches!
I had a few "firsts" too!
I survived my "first time" alone with all 3 kids (Mike left for 5 days to go to Arizona for work!) with lot's of help from family and friends.

Just this afternoon I had my "first time" with all 3 babies taking naps at the same time! (That's why I had time to write this blog) Here is the "waking up" shot of my babies!

3 comments:

The Drama Mama said...

SUE!!! You have such a beautiful family...I just love being able to keep up with you guys! Enjoy those babies!! L♥VE & HUGS!!

all things girly said...

Cal looks just like your dad! tell your mom hi for me! she was my alltime L&D nurse, wish she could have been there all FOUR times!

all things girly said...

meant to say "all-time fav L&D nurse!! mommy brain-