Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"No, Please!"


Jake is my positive, laid back little man. For example....... he started saying "yes" at around 15 months old when most kids are saying "no." The answer to EVERY question was "YEEESSSSSS!" I loved it!


About 2 months ago, Jake learned how to say "no." He said it often and he said it loud. Then, a few weeks later he learned how to scream "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" (It's been a rough transition for me!)


This morning we had a turning point. As I was trying to get Jake dressed for school and remove his "Choo Choo" pajama top he turned to me and said sweetly "No, please!"


.... my sweet little guy is back! And yes, I let him wear that "Choo Choo" pajama top to school!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mike, I'm sorry to hear about your firing at The Ticket....i've come to really appreciate your takes....i know you're taking alot of heat for your comments. But i just want to encourage you. I am a mexican (i was actually on the brown round table and saw you up at the station)..let me just say i can relate to what you did. I know your statement wasn't racially motivited and that it was probably more of a knock on San Antonio itself. I have seen you around Northwest and actually ran into you and your family at the Fall Fun Festival. You're a solid guy and as a fellow brother in Christ, i'm rooting for you....

Martin Esparza