Saturday, May 2, 2009

Lessons I learned from JAKE!

Jake turned one on April 21st and it amazes me how much he learned and developed over his first year.



He learned to sit up, crawl and walk. (he actually took his first steps at his birthday party! See video below)



He learned to say ball (first word), dada, bye-bye and FINALLY mama! (now he calls everything and everyone "Mama"!!!)


He learned how to throw a ball....... SHHHHHH! I think he can throw farther than I can.

He learned to say night-night and sleep through the night!


He learned how to give hugs and kisses!

He learned to recognize the people that love him. (He will point to the correct person if you say "Where's MG? Where's Daddy? Where's Allie?")



Jake learned a TON!!!!



But he taught ME lessons I will cherish forever.



I wanted to share some of the lessons I learned from Jake during his FIRST YEAR.





1. Spend time with the "older generation." They have a lot to teach us and lot's of love to give. (Jake with his Great Grandmother- "Mimi")





2. Find comfort and rest in the arms of the people you love. (Jake with his Poppie- my Daddy)




Jake with his Pop- Mike's Dad.


3. Generations of father's and son's are VERY important.




4. Take a minute to let the sun shine on your face.



5. Love your neighbors. (Jake with Wyatt and Hattie- our wonderful neighbors)




6. Don't ever pass up a chance to swing! HIGH!!!


7. Love, spend time with and tolerate your siblings!
MG and Jake hanging out on a beautiful spring day. MG INSISTED Jake wear the Bunny ears...... he tolerates MOST of her ideas!





8. If you don't have what you need...... IMPROVISE. (Jake played with this watering can for about 30 minutes, WHO NEEDS TOYS?)


9. Take time to smell the flowers. (Actually, I think he was eating dirt!)



10. Dogs are truly "Man's Best Friend."




11. BELIEVE!!! In Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny and most importantly...... The LORD!



12. Enjoy some time away from the city.




13. ALWAYS Celebrate with Cake....... and sometimes it is more fun to eat with our hands!


14. FAMILY is the most important thing!

15. The importance of giving back. For Jakes birthday we decided to give back to the community. See the link below.

Happy Birthday, my sweet Jake. I can't wait for what you are going to teach me next!

3 comments:

Deborah Murphy said...

OMG! Sue I can't believe that he is already ONE!!! It seems like just months ago we were dragging him around Ohio! I miss you guys so much...it seems like right now its just me and the boys that will be exploring good old Nebraska! Call me when you get some time! Oh by the way Jake is absolutely adorable! Deborah

Unknown said...

Sue, I'm so glad that you posted this. I didn't realize how much I missed Jake and your sweet family. You do a great job on the blog. Can't believe Jake is 1! He's walking so good. Sure love your family. Can't believe we are starting our own!

Unknown said...

this is actually Charity!