Monday, December 8, 2008

Never a Dull Moment in November!

When I sat down to write about November I thought it was going to be a little boring...... then I started to remember about all we did last month! Wow, November went fast and we packed a lot of stuff into one month.

We started the month with a little manual labor on my parents land.

We gave my dad the gift of "a new rock post" for his birthday present last July. On November 1st we finally able to gather everyone to help.

(pictured below is Sue, my daddy, Allie, Tanya and the famous rock post.... not a flattering picture for anyone involved, including the rock post...... I promise it looks better in person!)



The "Motley Crew," Drew, Sue and Allie- taking a well need break on the tailgate. Yes, November in Texas is still warm enough to wear shorts! I love TEXAS!!!!

Next on the November agenda was attending a local softball game. Mike and MG helped out with a special needs team.
Mike was the pitcher and MG called herself the "catcher" because she caught the balls that rolled back to them on the ground.
We need to get going on MG's baseball education..... I think she means shortstop!


This is our friend Brian with Mike and MG.
MG absolutely needed to wear her purple pearls to match her glove!
Can't blame a girl for accessorizing!




About mid-month we had a fun visit from our friends the Drese's before Ryan left for winter ball in Venezuela.
Below is Sweet Kaia, Jake and MG!
We know how you feel missing your Daddy Kaia...... we are sooooo sorry and you can come visit us anytime!

Jake, Kaia and Kaia's beautiful Mommy- Roxanne!





Mike and I are going on more dates thanks to our great volunteer babysitters! Thanks Mom, Dad and Allie! Lady, Jake and MG going for a walk while Mike and I went go to the movies. OK, OK, OK- Texas does get a little chilly in November..... but only for a few days.



WE celebrated as Mike turned 31 and Drew turned 34! We had some people over to watch the Texas Tech vs. OU game to help us celebrate.
MG and I made a cake..... She had an image of what she wanted the cake to look like and this was the final product after telling me the cake should have fish, stars and worms!
As it turns out chocolate and gummy candy don't really taste great together..... thank you friends and family for eating it politely!



The boys blowing out the candles while Will and MG waited patiently for the first piece of cake!



As the grownups watched the game, Will, MG and Lola played dress up! (yes that is Will dressed as a mermaid. Nick swears I was involved in dressing his son but he did this ALL ON HIS OWN!)
Ya gotta love 3 year olds!



November is not November without Mike's favorite holiday- THANKSGIVING!!!! (what is not to love- yummy food, naps and football- that is Mike's perfect day!)

Mike started his day at 4 am. He worked the 6am to 10am shift on the local sports talk radio show.

The kids and I gave back to our great community by passing out food for Meals on Wheels. Mary Grace loved telling the people "Happy Thanksgiving" at volume 56!
She said it was OK since we were outside- she could use her "outside voice!"
All in all the recipients loved it!

Then we headed to Mike's parents for a DELICIOUS Thanksgiving lunch. Thanks Linda!

Gram and MG on Thanksgiving Day.

After lunch it was time for the COWBOY game! Linda, Jake and Big Mike watching the game.


At half time we headed down to my parents to see my side of the family, eat leftovers and relax! Jake was pooped!




But he recovered the next day and was able to hang out with his cousins for a while. Barret, Maggie, MG and Jake.




The day after Thanksgiving, Jake started crawling! The day after that he got his 2 bottom teeth! and the day after that he started pulling up! He had a BIG week!


Next came the traditional "day after Thanksgiving" Christmas lights. Mike is really serious about this and MG helped this year. By dinner time our conversation went a little something like this!

Sue: Trying to be funny- "Clark, dinner's ready!"

Mike: Very, very serious- "I can't come in to eat...... I think I am going to have to pull an all-nighter to get all these lights up!"

Mike officially turns into Clark Griswold the day after Thanksgiving and stays in the spirit until mid January! I love it!


The last day of November was a special Mommy/Mary Grace Day! We went to see Disney on Ice! I don't think I watched much of the show..... I was too busy watching MG's eyes sparkle and the smile on her face! It was amazing. It is going to be one of my favorite (yummy) memories of her!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you just please update my blog site as well? Can't wait for more next month! Love, Roxanne

Anonymous said...

MG and Jake are absolutley adorable and so photogenic! I love the blog! Merry Christmas.
Steffanie