Thursday, October 16, 2008

Why WE Love Allie

If you know me, you know I have a sister Allie (because I talk about her all the time!) But you might not know how great she is!

Allie is the most amazing person I know. She is the best mother (even though she has never given birth to a child nor has any children of her own), a dedicated teacher (high school art teacher), the dearest friend anyone could have and a very talented artist!

My kids LOVE her and this is why...........


She is always willing to participate in a impromptu Popsicle party.







Or an adult party! (Crazy Uncle Drew, Allie and MG at the 2008 Memorial Day Block Party)







She loves MG's kisses!






And a good laugh!





She is a great artist..... (MG and Allie made this banner for our new neighbor, Hattie)





She gives the best fashion advice...... I think the word that came out of her mouth when MG picked out this ensemble was "WOW!!!!"





She likes to hang out with the GIRLS! (Allie, MG and Ashley)





And hang out with the BOYS! (Allie, Jake and Josh- Allie's boyfriend)






She love Birthday parties and Birthday CAKE!!!!






She enjoys a good bounce house!





She loves to play outside. (This picture is old but one of my favorite! MG, Allie and Will)





She runs a GREAT cake-walk (Allie volunteered at Mary Grace's school's Pumpkin Patch)





She is always game for a snow cone!!!







But most of all.... because she gives so much of her heart to Mary Grace and Jake.







I LOVE her because......

She is more than just a sister, she is my best friend.

She is there for me when I need a shoulder to cry on, when I want to complain about Mike leaving his dirty socks on the dining room floor, when I watch Mary Grace and Jake laugh and play.

She is always up for shopping, watching a great movie or getting a margarita!

She is my fashion advisor, my personal shopper, my 5:30 am running buddy, my "let's go to Target" companion, my "Hill's" watching partner and most importantly......the wind beneath my wings.

I couldn't make it a DAY without her, she is my strength, my support and my best friend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allie is also the best neighbor for most of the same reasons that Sue listed! Everything is "no problem" to Allie. She always has a smile, and she definitely has big heart for her family!

Karla

Deborah Murphy said...

Sue, we miss you guys! We need to catch up! I am going to call you this weekend. I can't believe how big Jake is! Love the blog! Miss you guys! Deb

Anonymous said...

cute

Anonymous said...

OMG! look at how she is sucking that popsicle I wish it was my c--k